We are in search for a compassionate, energetic, and motivated individual to develop and initiate a comprehensive resident centered life program for our Independent Living residents including activity programs and events.
Successful applicants must be very caring, dependable, flexible, team player, patient, self-motivated, and able to follow directions. Must be at least 18 and be able to pass a background check and drug test. Prior experience is a must!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes resident participation for those who would benefit.
- Provides a setting that is clean, safe and comfortable.
- Makes an active contribution towards improving community relations, increasing public regard and overall awareness of the community.
- Works in conjunction with Executive Director in development and execution of monthly program calendar and Resident Daily Schedule.
- Maintains resident engagement in meaningful programs specific to resident interests and abilities.
- Coordinates attendance at Assisted Living, and Memory Care programs and events when appropriate.
- Organizes outings with activities staff.
- Routinely communicates with Administrators of Assisted Living, and Memory Care any resident’s personal needs.
- Maintains activity records per Churchill Estates Retirement Communities policies.
- Helps purchase and stock supplies.
- Set up for and clean up after events and activities.
- Drives vehicle to designated locations as needed.
- Assists passengers into and out of vehicle.
- Secures passenger’s wheelchairs, walkers and other equipment to restraining devices to stabilize equipment during trip.
- Remind passengers to secure their seatbelt before driving away from the community. Secure passenger’s seat belts if they need assistance.
- Informs Departmental Administrator when vehicle is in need of repair. Keeps records of trips. Submit records relating to mileage, repairs, gasoline, supplies and usage.
- Drives in a safe and responsible manner.
- Maintains a safe driving record.
- CNA or experience as caregiver preferred.
- CPR and First Aid certified.
- Knowledge and experience in working with elderly preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must hold valid and applicable state driver’s license and hold a clean driving record.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess a high degree of interpersonal relations skills and capability of relating to a variety of people and personalities. Initiative, judgment, and leadership skills also required.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with seniors, family members, and staff members.
- Specific vision abilities required to do this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to body fluids, infection, odors, and behaviors of residents.
OR DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION BELOW AND EMAIL TO: HR@CHURCHILLESTATES.NET
APPLICANTS SHOULD APPLY IN PERSON AT:
1919 BAILEY HILL ROAD
EUGENE, OR 97405